Hank knows that when we make our world better for girls + women we make the world better for all of us.
Don’t know the issues or what you can do to help? Click on the orange link below and prepare to be amazed and inspired:
Then check out the rest of these amazing organizations!
Families, communities and entire economies are all stunted when half their human potential is squandered. Evidence shows that bolstering girls’ health, education and prosperity will build prospects for her family and her country’s economic prosperity. Tap her potential and the world benefits:
• Ensure she has seven or more years of education and she will marry four years later and have 2.2 fewer children.
• When 10 percent more girls go to secondary school, the country’s economy grows by 3 percent.
• When an educated girl earns income she reinvests 90 percent in her family, compared to 35 percent for a boy.
• When women have the skills to participate in public life, government corruption declines.
- from the Nike Foundation website http://www.nikefoundation.org/index.html