It’s almost here! Our neighborhood’s heralded Greenwood Car Show this Saturday from 8am — 4pm. Each year, as Hank cruises the mile-and-a-half hootenanny along Greenwood Avenue, he rejoices in the civic good this event supports across our community, and the great dog and people-watching to be had.
He’s also reminded of the following truisms:
1) Everyone has a little inner redneck, no matter your shape or size, gender or genders, nation, color, or creed. The automobile brings out the redneck as sure as Hank exposes flaws in your dinner plans;
2) You can fry just about anything and sell it to a crowd;
3) Folks who are serious about their cars are serious about their tiny dogs;
4) No one can hold on to more than 70% of their BBQ/kettle korn/elephant ears/curly fries/ice cream and walk at the same time;
5) Hank delights in all these things.
…Hope to see you up on the Ridge this Saturday! Hank & Cap are sure looking forward to meeting your BBQ.
It is the month of June/The month of leaves and roses/When pleasant sights salute the eyes/And pleasant scents the noses.
Nathaniel Parker Willis